Manager, Global Creative Marketing - Comedy
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As the Netflix original programming slate expands, we are looking for someone to join the Global Creative Marketing team based in Hollywood. The position will focus on our slate of original stand-up comedy specials, and will report to the Senior Marketing Manager.
In this role, you will collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure we have the best assets to market and publicize our original stand-up specials. You must be a creative thinker, an effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be motivated, organized, and able to work effectively autonomously. You should have extensive experience in entertainment marketing - preferably in the comedy space. You should be comfortable originating strategy and creative briefs, managing creative agencies, and interfacing directly with talent.
• Work with cross-functionally with internal teams (e.g., content, product, publicity, media strategy, social) to strategize and execute campaigns.
• Write positioning and strategy documents for original stand-up specials and animated comedies.
• Manage creative agencies in the creation of assets for marketing campaigns, including key art, trailers, digital assets, etc.
• Interface with talent and their management teams to communicate strategy and sell in creative.
• Develop and maintain budgets for your campaigns.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience developing creative, preferably comedy-focused campaigns - including at least some comedy-focused - either at a creative agency, network/studio marketing team, or network on-air department.
• Proven track record in developing innovative, industry-leading key art, AV assets, and digital media.
• Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously without the support of a large team.
• Strong strategic thinker and problem solver.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience on integrated, multi-media marketing projects.
• Experience understanding and analyzing data and consumer insights.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrates the ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and articulate speaker. Can organize, summarize, clarify, and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet, and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a hands-on role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A Smart Minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex - and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having a significant volume of projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy, and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.