Franchise Development Manager
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to join Netflix! We has grown to over a 100 million fervent members worldwide that are genuinely engaged with our brand and original content. We are building a licensing and merchandising program to amplify excitement around key titles while opening new avenues for consumers and communities to interact with Netflix and our original series and films. Our approach to licensed merchandise promotes title awareness while also enabling our IPs to become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods.
The global franchise development team is focused on crafting business strategies that drive the growth of Netflix brands and franchises worldwide. We develop and manage innovative cross-divisional plans that maximize Netflix IPs, such as Stranger Things, Super Monsters and others to ensure long-term success of the brands, and ultimately revenue and value for Netflix.
As part of the consumer products team we partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and build compelling franchise plans.
The Manager will support all Global Franchise Strategy initiatives with a focus on global strategic business planning for our kids original brands. Specifically, this role will be responsible for new and developing kids series and film brands and reports to the head of the Global Franchise Development team.
• Partner with Franchise lead to develop overarching franchise plans for key kids properties and help build IP evaluations for new properties.
• Guide series and film Publishing, Interactive, and Experiential efforts in narrative extensions and strategy
• Develop and drive franchise opportunities, especially annual themes, refreshes and bridge programs.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders in development of bridge content and kids social strategy to manage lifecycle for franchises.
• Drive integrated planning to track and build company-wide brand initiatives.
• Track and share examples of worldwide best practices in strategy development, marketing and merchandise.
• Develop Franchise Brand Overview & Guidelines; serve as kids brand champion and ambassador to ensure brand accuracy and consistency.
• Brief and collaborate with team to develop specific global tools, including pitch materials, and sizzles.
• Share key marketing materials, pitches, and brand information with global stakeholders.
• Partner with cross-divisional teams to maximize brand campaigns.
• Support business lead in managing franchise activations.
• Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or related field required
• MBA a plus
• 5-7 years of experience in a marketing and/or franchise strategy role
• Understanding of consumer products licensing and retail a must
• Solid understanding of building and executing brand plans
• Solid experience with publishing and interactive a plus
• A presenter (verbal & written)
• Technical skills: Strong MAC skills including Keynote. Photoshop or Illustrator, and Office essentials including Powerpoint, Excel, Word
• Phenomenal Communication Skills
• Flexible and collaborative
• Ability to drive internal focus around core priorities
• Ability to influence and persuade at all levels of an organization
• Open communicator, team player with interest in finding solutions
• A passion and interest in television/content and studio process worldwide