Finance Operations Business Partner - Product Creative
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with over 104 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day including award winning original content. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are looking for a finance professional to assist our Product Creative teams with end to end finance operations. This position will reside in the company's Los Angeles based office and will report to the Manager, Finance Operations. The perfect fit for this role will be someone that can help drive operational process improvements, have the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and can develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across the Product Creative, FP&A, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and IT teams.
• Communicating with the Product Creative teams to obtain an understanding of services being procured from our vendors and understanding the status/timeline of delivery of services.
• Programming and owning cross functional meetings with the Product Creative teams as an assertive business partner.
• Purchase order (PO) management to ensure appropriate accounting and classification of expenses for financial reporting and analysis.
• Managing vendor relationships: ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
• Working with Accounts Payable to resolve billing issues and ensure vendors are setup to be paid timely and accurately.
• Budget Management: working side by side with FP&A to help facilitate and build budgets while understanding, communicating and explaining variances.
• Working with Accounts Payable to ensure vendors are setup to be paid timely and accurately.
• Obtaining, reviewing and summarizing vendor agreements.
• Occasional trips to the Los Gatos office.
• 4 years of relevant experience
• Degree in relevant field, Finance or Accounting is preferred
• Ability to proactively cultivate strong business partner relationships and communicate effectively with team members
• Adept at owning and leading cross functional meetings
• Capable of being a self-starter in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Intellectual curiosity about the business and solving problems
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Understanding of US GAAP - an accounting background and CPA is a plus
• Experience with creative teams is a plus
• A strong passion for the entertainment industry
• Systems experience - experience with Workday Financials, Anaplan, and other cloud based systems is a plus