Finance Operations Business Partner - Localization
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 100 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's a great time to join Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to viewers everywhere. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth.
More countries and more Originals means more localization, post production, and finance related workflows. We are looking for a finance professional to partner with our Content Operations teams on end to end finance operations. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of accounting treatments related to content creation, knowledge of the P2P workflow, and experience with developing strong cross functional relationships.
This position will provide support to cross-functional business partners as follows:
• Business owners - Embedded resource that understands the nature of the business being supported and owns finance related tasks (end to end P2P support for setting up new vendors, reviewing contracts, creating POs, reviewing invoices, vendor management, expense reporting, etc.)
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing
• Accounting - Help facilitate a timely and accurate month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers
• FP&A - Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting, help track actuals to budget and communicate any expected variances
• IT - Design reporting metrics around localization/post production workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 3 years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience with the general ledger since the work you do will have direct financial implications
• Experience with purchase orders, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
• Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Innovation - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems and workflows (learn the existing process and then build/challenge it to better scale for growth while providing meaningful reporting to our business partners)
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key
• Industry experience in a studio environment (especially Post Production) a plus, but not essential if you are enthusiastic about the position and eager to learn quickly
• ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
• Adaptable - You are comfortable in an ever-changing ecosystem of content, finance and accounting issues and projects
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance; MBA and/or CPA a plus
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.