Director, Marketing - Anime
Full Time Job
Being at the cross section of technology and entertainment, Netflix is uniquely positioned to service the entertainment needs of consumers around the globe. Our culture of Freedom and Responsibility is unique in the world entertainment encouraging both innovation and creativity in everything we do.
Netflix is continuing its expansion into Japan, and is following a strategy of being locally relevant to the Japanese market, through the creation of specific by region marketing plans for both brand and content campaigns.
Are you a leader in your field, equally comfortable in the world of brand and entertainment marketing for anime? Can you lead a team to deliver innovative and engaging campaigns?
• Setting by country strategies and managing the delivery of those strategies
• Manage the marketing team and ensure that they have the context to deliver amazing campaigns
• Ensure that the core Netflix culture is embodied in the region
• Key point of contact for directors in both content and product, the person in this role ensures that we take all appropriate opportunities from a content or product perspective in the market.
• Lead thinking in the region about which content to back
• Working with the VP of Marketing and the Marketing team to develop brand specific campaigns in Japan.
• Oversee the Netflix originals and the demand creation marketing plans across the region
• Lead all key marketing initiatives, considering how we best include other disciplines including PR, Product, Content, Consumer Insights and FP&A
• Be an active member of Japan's senior management team, exporting learning to other markets and actively seeking to improve opportunities in their regions.
• Be an active member at the quarterly business meetings in California contributing to the growth in knowledge about the region.
• A key decision maker in a senior director level marketing role, preferably within entertainment or technology
• Experience in anime marketing in Japan
• Ability to manage both brand and entertainment campaigns
• Strong online marketing skills, spanning acquisition, brand and social
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Japanese