Director, Business & Legal Affairs, International Originals - Europe
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to join Netflix's growing International Originals initiative in Europe, e.g., ''Osmosis'' (France), ''Suburra'' (Italy), ''Dark'' (Germany) and ''Elite'' (Spain). Based in Amsterdam, the role will be focused on building a slate of original series produced in Europe in local languages for worldwide distribution on Netflix's global digital streaming platform. The successful candidate will be a key member of the International Originals team and will work closely alongside business and creative partners and international producers. The Director will be responsible for understanding and implementing the legal landscape and production customs necessary to develop and produce European content for a global audience. As a result, the ideal candidate will be very comfortable counseling business partners, managing international teams and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. The role will report into the Los Angeles headquarters and the candidate should feel comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones.
The successful candidate will have 10 years of broad-based entertainment experience in both the legal and business aspects of media financing, production, licensing and distribution. Direct experience with at least one, but preferably multiple, European territories and practical knowledge of the industry (including production and licensing) is required. Language skills required, with a preference for Spanish, French or German.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for Netflix's international strategy
• Comfortable traveling internationally