Coordinator, Studio Technology
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content. Optimizing content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision across all types of projects presents significant challenges, but that's what the Studio Technologies team does by setting technical requirements and best practices, driving new industry standards, consulting on the studio's technical infrastructure, providing direct support to Netflix Original Productions and staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. Our engineers are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world leveraging new video and audio production technology, we are scaling to support the needs of diverse creative teams while continuing to foster industry-wide change.
As part of the Studio Technologies group, you will:
• Provide basic production technology support to Netflix Originals productions.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Facilitate and track progress of strategic initiatives driven by the Studio Technologies group.
• Assist Studio Tech engineers with research, documentation and logistics on their projects.
• Create articles, documents and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layperson's terms.
• Minimum of 4-years of film/TV production or post-production experience.
• Understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows.
• Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
• Ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with post-production operational teams.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.