Coordinator, Physical Production Unscripted & Talk Shows
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator, Production to help manage both internal and third party productions from an originals physical production perspective on a full range of unscripted programming from multi-cam talk shows to docu-reality follow to competition. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, helping review budgets,managing document distribution & communication flow and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre production through delivery. This position will report in to the Director of Physical Production in Hollywood. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production with our global original unscripted programming.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 105 million streaming members worldwide. With continued international expansion and a move into original production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner produced co-productions
• Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high quality production staff and crew
• Coordinate document distribution and production information flow, with emphasis on updating, maintaining, and championing use of Netflix tools and databases internally.
• Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem.
• Audit completion/delivery of production materials during pre, production, and wrap.
• Participate in beta testing proprietary apps, while offering constructive feedback about the end user experience and integration of new technology into the existing ecosystem.
• Collaborate effectively with internal operations and technical teams and other production coordinators to streamline workflows across all apps and content teams.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Netflix app ecosystem, embrace new technologies and actively participate in brainstorming future technological innovations.
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
• Research and outreach to potential filming locations and studios in the US and abroad.
• Assist the team as necessary with Production budget review and analysis.
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
• BA/BS Degree
• 5 Years experience with long form production management both in the field and on a network level for series. Candidates will likely be at the ProductionManager or equivalent outside of Netflix
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam
• Familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Applications (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Drive)
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.