Coordinator, Physical Production - Original Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking a Production Coordinator to support the Physical Production team in Original Film. This position would focus on an increasing slate of Original features films from pre-production through delivery, working closely with both freelance crews and our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited films and television shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with over 109 million members in more than 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of feature film content, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Work in tandem with physical production executives to onboard and support feature film productions produced at Netflix
• Create, update, and proactively maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents
• Serve as a bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner
• Maintain internal databases for production schedules, crew, and contacts
• Schedule and coordinate initial in house kick-off and ongoing production meetings for the various productions
• Collaborate with department management on the creation and updating of a master calendar tracking production milestones for all projects
• Serve as the in-house production coordinator for pre-production and post-production needs, including start paperwork management, crew travel, office set up, and additional support
• Procure and maintain heads of department lists for freelance crew
• Research and outreach to potential filming locations and studios across the world
• Champion evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate into production workflows
• In collaboration with interdepartmental Netflix production teams, develop and update physical production ''best practices'' and refine evolving film production guidelines to deliver to filmmakers
• Perform special project research for production executives as needed
• BA/BS Degree
• 3 years hands-on office or set experience in feature film or television production
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters -
• Team player who operates in a fast-paced team oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information -
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly -
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process -
• Strong understanding of traditional production schedules and paperwork
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask -
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Mail. Familiarity with Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling beneficial but not required.