Coordinator, Originals Publicity
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Are you pursuing a career in publicity? Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest TV shows and films across different platforms? Is there truly no task too big or too small? We may have just the opportunity for the right person to join our originals publicity team.
It's the chance to support an executive that is part of the team launching quality series worldwide on an innovative platform that enables viewers to watch any time, on any device. With popular series such as House of Cards, The Crown, Marvel's Daredevil, Stranger Things and many more, Netflix has grown to more than 100 million streaming members in 190 countries -- and counting. With more incredible series on the way, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Coordinator for Originals Publicity will support the VP of publicity for series and help manage administrative tasks, lend series support and manage overall department tasks. Duties are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: scheduling high volume of meetings and conference calls; booking conference rooms; assisting in scheduling and coordinating conference calls with worldwide media (arranging dial-in numbers with participants, confirming details, obtaining transcripts and confirming call participants); helping to set high volume of team meeting agendas by collecting bullet points from participants and servicing agendas prior to calls; checking voicemail for team members who may be out of the office for extended periods of business travel; messengering, Fed Ex'ing, mailing and helping delivery materials internally; coordinating with local newsstands to order magazines, helping to staff publicity events; helping to maintain the originals publicity press site; assigning screeners via Netflix media site; updating various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive; liaising with team that translates press releases for worldwide use and local agencies to distribute said releases; helping track subscription codes; ordering supplies, cataloging and maintaining tchotchke closet and magazine library.
The successful candidate is:
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker.
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with their team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• A great communicator -- via email, by phone, in-person -- and simultaneously.
• A rabid fan of television, film and pop culture. #SpoilerAlert. They know which episode Gus was blown up in.
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity.
The successful candidate for Coordinator will have one year of experience in a corporate or agency public relations setting. They will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media. BA/BS required.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.
The Coordinator, Originals Publicity reports to the VP, Original Series