Coordinator, Original Documentary Publicity - Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for documentaries? Do you stay ahead of the curve and binge the latest documentary series across true crime, food, arts and nature? Is there truly no task too big or too small? We may have just the opportunity for the right person to join our team as part of the growing Original Documentary Publicity team.
It's the chance to be part of a team that will handle documentary series for the online leader, changing the perception of how docs should be enjoyed and celebrated.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 109 million streaming members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion and ongoing original documentary acquisition and production, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the growing documentary series publicity team.Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: helping to staff and coordinate assets (DCPs, posters etc) for publicity events, press days/junkets and film festival screenings; booking a high volume of talent travel, creating itineraries for travel and carefully tracking costs; assisting in scheduling and coordinating conference/video calls with external partners; maintaining the Media Center (originals publicity press site), including screener assignments; creating and maintaining various press lists, slate documents, press materials and presentations on the department's google drive; participating in campaign kickoff, taskforce and agency meetings; assisting with film festival and awards submissions; interfacing with directors, producers and talent reps.
The Successful Candidate Is:
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Has a point of view; an independent thinker who has sound judgement and is willing to express thoughts and ask questions
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
• Creative and has the ability to think innovatively
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives
• An effective communicator - via email, by phone, in person
• A rabid fan of television, documentary and pop culture
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity
The successful candidate for Coordinator, Originals Publicity will have at least two to three years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting. The role is global so some international experience is a bonus.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.