Coordinator, Media Engineering & Partnerships
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
About the opportunity:
With 100 million members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture that's focused on high performance and continuous improvement, we thrive on collaboration and accountability. This is a great opportunity to join a team that is focused on guiding the entertainment industry into the 21st century and beyond broadcast and home video standards. Innovation and scale are cornerstones of the work we we do, ultimately enabling 125 million hours of content to be streamed globally, everyday.
The Media Engineering & Partnerships Team (MEP) is composed of engineers, specialists and vendor relations managers that bring together a diverse background from post houses and content studios. We are experts in the standards and workflows utilized in OTT media distribution and servicing. In many ways, we act as technical and business consultants to the vast ecosystem of companies we partner with to acquire the media needed to ensure an excellent member experience. Ultimately, we seek to create an optimized ecosystem of delivery partners to Netflix's content platform.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communicator and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
As part of the MEP team, you will:
• Help maintain the Netflix Partner Help Center, our site for providing technical support to the industry. This will involve:
• Editing and writing new articles
• Updating images and video to reflect changes in internal and 3rd party software
• Conceptualizing innovate ways we can better educate our partners
• Monitoring our community forum and flagging issues, silence, concerns, etc
• Analyze and attribute error accountability for our partner vendors
• Parse data from various tools and systems to build a narrative around vendors in our purview
• Facilitate and track progress of strategic initiatives driven by the MEP Team
• Assist MEP engineers with research, documentation and logistics on their projects and business travel planning
• Maintain currency on media and the media distribution industry
• Preferred Qualifications:
• 3 years of industry experience at either a content owner/studio or a post production facility
• Technical aptitude and a curiosity to learn more about the post production industry
• Understanding of how to prioritize, while also remaining agile and able to pivot quickly
• Ability to handle high volume of tasks for multiple people simultaneously and manage competing priorities
• Experience writing and editing technical guides
• Strong desire to be part of a team that thrives on collaboration and shared learning
• College degree
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), and comprehensive benefits.