Coordinator, Marketing Legal
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 100 Million subscribers enjoying great content throughout the globe, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. We are looking for a talented and experienced entertainment marketing legal coordinator or contract administrator to help support the expanding slate of Originals content (series, films, documentaries, stand-up, kids, unscripted). The successful candidate will work with the company's Marketing Legal Team based in Los Angeles, CA. This role provides a unique opportunity to have visibility into all facets of Netflix's Originals Marketing, Social & PR campaigns and to manage a variety of vital rights and clearance components relating thereto.
This role will have broad responsibility for managing the tracking and/or organization of a high volume of studio and talent agreements, as well as other marketing rights and restrictions. S/he will assist in evaluating new technologies that provide the next generation of - contract administration, rights management, and invoicing tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the Marketing Legal workflow. In addition, the successful candidate will review studio and talent agreements to extract and synthesize information necessary to guide the Marketing and PR teams as they develop their campaigns. S/he will also assist the Marketing/PR teams in finalizing basic marketing-related agreements (e.g. agency/vendor agreements, photography services agreements, releases, clip agreements).
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of digital media. The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in new and developing areas.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and 3-5 years of entertainment marketing and/or production experience. With minimal supervision, the ability to manage a large number of agreements is essential. Strong in-house experience in an entertainment company is strongly preferred. Must be excited about and thrive in our unique company culture.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Strong organizational skillsAbility to operate in a fast paced, team-oriented setting, balancing multitudes of information across content types.
• Skill at identifying priorities.
• Capable of asking questions, proactively seeking clarity and moving quickly to action.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.