Contracts Manager, Technology & Transactions
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix, the leading online movie & television subscription service, seeks an experienced contract manager to join the Netflix legal team, based in our Los Gatos, California office. This is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced environment, working with a group of attorneys to support Netflix' payments team, responsible for handling payment issues across the globe, and Netflix' business development organization, at the forefront of establishing partnerships with leading consumer electronics, cable and mobile operators to bring Netflix to consumers around the world. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing and drafting legal agreements; maintaining, organizing and localizing contract templates; obtaining signatures on contracts; optimizing and managing contract repositories; creating and maintaining information on our legal portal for business partners, as well as providing general administrative support to the technology and transactions legal team.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of digital media. The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in new and developing areas.
The successful candidate will have:
• 7 years of relevant experience as a paralegal or contract manager at a multinational company or law firm;
• Experience in contract database systems, preferably including project management experience in designing and/or optimizing contract database systems;
• Substantial experience in contract review and drafting, preferably in technology licensing, payments and/or commercial contracts;
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment.
• Curiosity about how we operate our business and the markets we serve in order to develop innovative solutions
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Flexibility to work across different time zones in Asia and the USA.
• Willingness to tackle new subjects outside area of expertise.