Consumer PR Manager
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented Public Relations professional with a strong understanding of the consumer and media landscape across Japan. A successful candidate must be a good thinker of ''Earn before you buy.''
The Consumer PR Manager will be a member of a small, seasoned group of professionals helping formulate, execute, and sustain a global media strategy for Netflix in Japan. The Communications function is viewed by Netflix senior management as strategically critical to building on the company's already impressive success in a fast-changing, highly competitive global media landscape.
The successful candidate will help build the Netflix brand and its service in Japan market making use of multiple earned media channels, including broadcast, print, and online. Working with agency partners, this professional will be critical in promoting Netflix as a Brand including how we fit into people's lives through our content, our technology and our unique service. Working closely with the Publicity, Marketing, and Social Media teams, this person will help build integrated 360 brand campaigns. The role has strong cross functional interaction with teams both in the US, Europe and Asia with a high level of visibility and impact within the business.
Understanding of the intersection between PR and social within the digital landscape is key.
In addition, the Japan Consumer PR Manager must:
• Have experience working on global teams and managing global PR campaigns.
• Love brands, appreciate a good brief and understand what to do with a genuine insight.
• Understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists and different kinds of influencers on behalf of Netflix
• Be fluent in social media and marketing in order to partner effectively with these groups on campaigns and provide insight to different internal local teams on potential PR opportunities around Content Marketing initiatives
• Be capable of serving as a company spokesperson among press
• Be confident and creative in their writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between
• Really loves entertainment... being a TV, movie or Netflix junkie is even better
• Be able to thrive in our dynamic culture of Freedom & Responsibility
• Have minimum 6 - 15 years of experience in an in-house and/or agency setting used to working in a fast paced and ever changing environment. Experience working at or with an agency is a must.
• Of particular interest are candidates with broad knowledge of TV/film, entertainment, pop culture, lifestyle trends, etc. in general.
• Fluent in English and Japanese language skills.