Accountant - Studio Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with over 109 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies per day including award-winning original content. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. As we continue our rapid expansion in creating owned content, we are looking for an individual to join our Studio Operations Accounting team.
This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. If you are someone with a curious mindset and have a love for analyzing big data sets and automating workflows, we'd love to speak with you!
Qualities We're Looking For
• Fundamentals of Accounting- We'd like you to have 3 years of public accounting experience under your belt (preferably from the Big 4) backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred.
• Attention to detail love for data - We pride ourselves in producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
• Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems. We are looking for someone to learn the existing process, but then build/challenge it to better scale with the volume of our growth and provide reporting to our business partners.
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key.
• Industry experience in a studio environment is a plus, but not essential if you are enthusiastic about the position and eager to learn quickly.
• ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
• Based in Hollywood, and part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's studio overhead accounting and reporting.
• Prepare and review monthly accounting entries, reconciliations, presentations, and other ad hoc analysis.
• Review documentations such as production facility lease agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects such as system design and testing.
• Cross-functional interaction with teams in Los Gatos (GL/financial reporting, IT/finance systems, data science and reporting) and Los Angeles (content planning and analysis, production finance), as this role will have an impact on productions.
As Netflix continues its original content expansion, the accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we're facing, and there's plenty of fun we're having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.