APAC Finance Manager
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries. We're looking for someone with a strong finance background that can assist with managing our reporting and compliance obligations throughout the APAC region, including:
Statutory reporting: Assist with preparing financial statements, filings and disclosures and coordinating audits.
Tax compliance: Assist with income tax, withholding tax and GST compliance, including review of accruals and invoices, tracking and reporting of taxes, arrangement of payments to the tax authorities, etc.
Month-end accounting close: Assist with making adjusting journal entries and performing account reconciliations.
We want someone who is:
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects
• A great communicator that can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, that's not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple timezones.
• 7 years of relevant experience. A combination of public accounting experience and in-house experience is preferred
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, and local GAAP in the APAC region
• Experience working with accounting and tax requirements in Japan, Korea, India, Taiwan, China and other APAC countries
• Degree in Finance or Accounting - CA/CPA qualified
• Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Experience in the entertainment / tech industry is a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• Fluent in English; other regional languages are helpful