APAC Events Hospitality Coordinator, Originals Publicity
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment - film, TV, music? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest content across different platforms? Do you pay attention to how the publicity and promotional campaigns are structured and roll out in support of films and TV shows? Do you have at least two years experience in events? And if yes, do you love every freaking second of it? Have you checked out our culture memo? Please do so. If you are intrigued, we may have an opportunity for you.
It's the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that handles events for Netflix publicity -- across film and television. It's a chance to support the team that is strategizing and executing against the bigger promotional campaign for high quality content. Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 81 million streaming members in over 190 countries.
The Events Hospitality Coordinator/Manager will play a key role in supporting the growing team.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to:
• Handling high volume travel desk for APAC region
• Communicating with all levels of employees, talent and talent representatives to provide exceptional service in a timely and efficient manner
• Ability to adjust talent, staff and press room blocks as needed to avoid attrition penalties. Able to verify hotels adhere to the comprehensive list of concessions, negotiate contracts and rates. To create and maintain hotel rooming lists; event invite lists
• Coordinate on talent, press and staff transportation requirements if needed
• Provide support on visa applications for talent
• Manage travel/events team budget. Coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment
• Trafficking creative and screening asset requests for each event
• Supporting junket, festival, premiere and various other event activations on-site. Some travel involved
• Assisting with departmental analysis/reporting, including help putting together presentations and reports for financial or communication purposes
• Updating various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive
• Keeping an eye on the ever-changing events landscape industry-wide
• Working with managers/coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better
• Any other duties as assigned
The successful candidate is:
• Proactive. They don't need to be nudged or reminded about their tasks and responsibilities
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Confident and able to express ideas and point of view thoughtfully and with passion
• Meticulous about the details. Every single one of them
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps, vendors and internal executives
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously
• Comfortable working with high-level talent and executives.
The role will report to the Director, Events APAC.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, comprehensive benefits and relocation.