Senior Producer, Weekends
National GeographicWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Creates and promotes original editorial content for National Geographic's digital experiences on weekends, programming the web experience and taking the lead role in the presentation, distribution, and optimization of weekend content across National Geographic's O&O, distribution partners and social channels.
• Implements story ideas and coverage strategies. Writes, packages, and promotes content for maximum consumer impact. Communicates programming objectives and collaborates with content editors, including National Geographic Channel, to organize, request and plan content for the weekend.
• Manages homepage and promotes content across relevant National Geographic social pages to more proactively engage on and off-platform audiences during the weekends. In coordination with Social and Audience Development team, delivers on an overarching social publishing and community engagement strategy. Prepares and pitches stories to Apple News and other distribution partners.
• Interprets and reports on category performance through analysis of metrics to optimize site performance. Understands our weekend audience and what it takes to engage them to inform weekend content creation and publishing strategies.
• Sounds the alarm for technical issues that may arise. Establishes and maintains content development standards and practices.
• Monitors industry and competitive landscape, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, expertise gained through 5-7 years of experience building and leading an online franchise, specialized training/experience related to specific franchise areas of responsibility.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Experience in analytics systems and with scheduling software.
• Knowledge of HTML, digital content management and publishing systems preferred.
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between National Geographic and 21st Century Fox, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 129 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching over 730 million people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.