Senior Product Manager, Digital Revenue
Full Time Job
The Senior Product Manager, Digital Revenue guides the product definition, creation, and improvement process by collecting and synthesizing knowledge and leading collaborative work teams to ensure product success.
This position is responsible for guiding a multi-disciplinary product development team with an emphasis on our emergent initiatives to transition our heavy listeners into individual donors who support our journalism at a local level. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for building an ad network that will allow our stations to participate in our efforts to drive institutional sponsorship of our broader mission of improving the public’s access to news and information about our changing world.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of digital subscriber operations at a major media company, or individual giving operations at a respected non-profit organization. This person enjoys implementing brave new approaches, collaborating with disparate actors including technologists, designers, editors, bloggers, radio professionals, and vendors and business partners.
Essential duties include:
• Be the voice of our digital audience. Gather, synthesize and communicate a superior knowledge of customer and user needs. This includes gathering ongoing product feedback; managing defect and feature requests; Monitoring customer behavior/analytics; commissioning audience research and user testing; leading product user groups; and having a deep understanding of the competitive / similar product landscape.
• Translate end-user needs and product objectives into a product strategy and prioritized features; maintain a request backlog; manage product defects; approve completed work; and provide sufficient product definition to enable an execution team.
• Serve as a digital revenue expert for stations and NPR’s development and sponsorship sales teams to assist in communications and strategic planning.
• Be the product evangelist. Produce and deliver product demos, public presentations, high-level screencasts and blog posts. Maintain a product roadmap / timeline of prioritized product improvements. Manage existing client expectations by communicating product decisions, progress and plans.
• Drive build vs. buy decisions and be able to identify, evaluate, integrate, and manage third-party technology solutions and contracts.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent required. MBA or equivalent Master’s degree preferred.
• 6 years relevant online work experience leading software/web/mobile product development in a Product Management or technology startup leadership role
• Recent experience with digital subscriber operations at a large-scale consumer application, or digital individual giving operations at a respected non-profit organization
• Involvement in product definition and development that directly integrates with a payment gateway. Experience with payment distribution to third-parties
• Business development / contracts experience a must. Facility with Salesforce preferred.
• Knowledge of PCI compliance and digital payment platform vendors
• Experience leveraging (and possibly executing) market research, competitive analysis, and software product user testing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to present/demo complex ideas and products to a large group, author compelling, public-facing product materials, and work directly with clients.
• Understanding of the creative process in a collaborative environment; ability to incorporate both internal stakeholder and user feedback; team player in a fast-paced work environment, always showing respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to multitask and self-manage the deadlines of competing projects.
• Experience with agile software development and lean startup methodology a plus.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you ''Like'' us? Follow us on Facebook at This Is NPR. You can also follow us on Twitter at @NPRjobs, as well as #NPRlifefor ''behind the scenes'' tweets about life at NPR from our employees