Senior Digital Analyst, Station Analytics
Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for digital consumer analytics and a thirst to apply your knowledge to media? Do you want to be challenged by your job and be surrounded by passionate, dedicated, and creative people in a mission-driven environment? Then this role is for you. You will extract insights from complex media usage data sets, work with NPR stations on analyses and insights, and be an analytics thought leader for public media. You have a unique blend of thoughtful data-driven curiosity and pragmatism. You know how to make data come to life and be actionable. And, you love the idea of using data to make NPR (and the world) a better place. You’ll be part of NPR’s Audience Insights team of analysts and researchers, working closely with digital leads, journalists, and executives at NPR stations.
• Be the primary face of NPR to member stations for key digital audience analytics trends, analyses, insights, and training, as part of NPR’s station-facing analytics service.
• Function as a thought leader across multiple data sets and digital properties, including station websites, apps, live audio streams, and podcast metrics.
• Conduct analyses and experiments that help stations better understand their performance and use data to inform their decision making around content, digital platforms, and revenue.
• Communicate insights with stations and internal colleagues through monthly webinars, blog posts, social media, conference presentations, and internal meetings.
• Serve as analytics Subject Matter Expert on station-facing product strategy and execution, including NPR’s Station Analytics System and other station-facing NPR tools such as content editors, donation forms, social media tools, and station portals.
• Collaborate with NPR Product Owners by helping them measure product performance, mentoring them on the use of analytics data, and generating insights that inform product development.
• Conduct station training around data collection, analysis skills, and best practices (e.g., GA campaign tracking, social media measurement best practices).
• Assist the support team with answering station questions.
• Own data collection processes and standards for station digital platforms to ensure data consistency (e.g., custom dimensions in Google Analytics).
• Communicate effectively with small teams, formal presentations, and at business unit events with engaging storytelling.
• Build strong working relationships at all levels with stations and internal clients and build problem-solving partnerships with stations and colleagues.
• 5 years of experience in website analytics
• Proven expertise and deep experience with Google Analytics (or similar) and data analysis using Excel.
• Skills in visualizing data, drawing conclusions, and explaining to a business audience.
• Good understanding of basic web technology and HTML.
• Experience in the news media and/or with audio measurement a plus.
• Experience fetching and analyzing data using tools such as R, SQL, SAS, SPSS, S-Plus, and analytics APIs is a plus.
• Experience working with digital product teams in an Agile environment, in particular creating and executing measurement plans for digital products.
• Strong analysis and experimental design skills with a keen sense for data gaps and inconsistencies.
• Experience managing data-driven research from project inception to client communication.
• Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills, particularly at explaining complex quantitative information to non-technical audiences.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in collaborative team environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.