Full Time Job
The Network/Security Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, security and integrity of NPR’s Systems.
• Implement security designs and approaches to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to systems and network
• Provide network performance statistics and reports, during, before and/or after incidents
• Responsible for ensuring that all system and network designs address cybersecurity requirements
• Develop, recommend, & test security controls to meet information assurance requirements
• Collaborate with internal NPR teams to ensure secure technology operations
• Provide subject matter expertise in any on-going cybersecurity and network related meetings
• Evaluate new network technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
• Provide on-call support for after-hours security-related events and respond to security-related alerts and escalations in a timely manner
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network security configuration, network mapping, processes, service records and disaster recovery
• Conduct research on network security products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
• Participate in an on-call rotation for non-business hours’ support
• Interact with vendors and contractors to secure network products and services
• Share information and knowledge to assist others within the organization
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in networking or computer science. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted by advanced technical proficiency in the areas of network & security design, planning and implementation.
• Multiple industry certifications appropriate to the field of the concentration of major duties performed are desired (CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CISM)
Knowledge & Experience
• 3-5 years of relevant network security work experience
• Knowledge with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
• Knowledge with configuring Cisco routers, 4500 series switches, and Nexus switches
• Knowledge and some experience troubleshooting at all levels (e.g. physical cabling, spanning tree or VLAN issues, routing problems, firewall/NAT rules, etc.)
• Experience with network-related tools such as Cisco Prime, Cisco ACS, Solarwinds Orion, Cisco ISE, qRadar, FirePower, Riverbed
• Experience creating detailed systems security policies/documentation
• Must have knowledge in the operations, management, monitoring and maintenance of network security devices and technologies, including firewalls, routers, VPN, IPS/IDS sensors, proxies, wireless access points, PKI, domain controllers, security information event managers, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, etc.
• Highly experienced in Network and Systems related security
• Experience recommending appropriate security countermeasures to ensure implemented security architectures comply with Enterprise-level security architecture standards
• Must have practical experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.)
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments. Display self-confidence, knowledge and be a quick study
• Demonstrated discretion and independent judgment in handling of confidential information and matters of significance
• Demonstrated expertise in complex problem solving
• A passion for providing unparalleled client service
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.