Full Time Job
Mobile Developer (Android)
What we are looking for:
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code.
• Passion for standards-based development and polyglot programming.
• Love for using and contributing to open-source software.
• Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor.
Essential Duties Include:
• Skilled in Android native development
• Strong Object-Oriented programing skills
• Experience with automated testing of native applications
• Not just a willingness, but a passion to learn new things
• Experience working with RESTful APIs
It’d be nice if you had:
• Agile experience
• Git or other distributed version control system
• Familiarity with setting up and maintaining Continuous Integration
• Experience with rapid prototyping
• Other web development experience (e.g. HTML/CSS, JS, PHP)
• We rely on and give back to the open source community
• Mac, Windows, whatever. Tell us which you prefer.
• We are diverse, lifelong learners and read omnivorously from NPR’s giveaway book shelf, regularly walk down the hall to Tiny Desk Concerts, tell coding jokes and edit bad grammar on milk cartons.
• We are a friendly bunch and expect the same from you, too.
• Ours is a shiny, new LEED Gold certified building in the NoMA neighborhood of Washington, DC.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.