NPRCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Electronics Engineer (Temporary)
NPR seeks a customer-service-focused and mission-driven Electronics Engineer to help build its technical support team. The incumbent maintains and repairs NPR’s broadcast technical equipment. S/he also designs, constructs, installs and tests said equipment and assists the Engineering Technology leadership determine Engineering Service’s purchasing requirements.
This is a Twelve Month Temporary Assignment with the possibility of conversion to Full Time.
Essential Duties Include:
• Construct, install, test, maintain, repair, and provide technical support for equipment, systems, facilities and networks.
• Maintain various documentation and databases.
• In partnership with Engineering Technology leadership, plan projects and/or execute project plans.
• Take ownership of customer issues and follow through to resolution.
• Respond to critical issues on a 24x7x365 basis as required.
• Expand knowledge of and skills in current and emerging audio broadcast equipment, systems and workflow.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years college in computer science or electronic engineering required. Four year degree in related field or equivalent experience highly preferred.
• At least three years experience of maintenance engineering at a radio or TV station, network-level broadcaster, or production house
• Significant experience in the programming, setup, and installation of a multi console, studio, intercom, automation, router audio backbone system.
• Ability to utilize test equipment commonly used in broadcast related electronics and computer network servicing
• Significant troubleshooting in audio broadcast technologies.
• Significant troubleshooting experience at the systems level broadcast and audio production-related equipment, computer hardware, and individual equipment to the component level.
• Ability to read schematics and understand signal flow
• Ability to use common hand and power tools
• Demonstrated and proven skills under extreme deadline pressure in broadcast environment.
• Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts as required. This includes weekends, overnights, and holidays
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of audio, recording and radio production theory and practice.
• Must be able to work independently or with a team.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Hearing and listening skills must insure that NPR’s Audio Quality standards are maintained.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license
• This is a union position.
• Familiarity with MS Office suite and AutoCAD LT
• Public Radio experience a plus
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.