Full Time Job
NPR seeks a customer-service-focused and mission-driven Electronics Engineer to help build its technical support team. The incumbent maintains and repairs NPR’s broadcast technical equipment. S/he also designs, constructs, installs and tests said equipment and assists the Engineering Technology leadership determine Engineering Service’s purchasing requirements.
• Construct, install, test, maintain, repair, and provide technical support for equipment, systems, facilities and audio networks.
• Maintain various documentation and databases.
• In partnership with Engineering Technology leadership, plan projects and/or execute project plans.
• Take ownership of customer issues and follow through to resolution.
• Respond to critical issues on a 24x7x365 basis as required.
• Expand knowledge of and skills in current and emerging audio broadcast equipment, systems and workflow.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Two years college in computer science or electronic engineering required. Four year degree in related field or equivalent experience highly preferred.
• At least two years’ experience in engineering maintenance at a network-level broadcaster, production house, electronic equipment manufacturer or systems integrator.
• Experience in programming, and installation of a multi-console studio, intercom, automation and router based digital audio backbone system.
• Understanding / utilization of IP Based Audio Systems and protocols.
• Ability to utilize test equipment commonly used in broadcast related electronics and computer network servicing
• Experience with computer networking.
• Demonstrated experience providing high level of professional, courteous, and consistent interactions with clients.
• Significant troubleshooting experience at the systems level broadcast and audio production-related equipment, computer hardware, and individual equipment to the component level.
• Ability to read schematics and understand signal flow.
• Ability to use common hand and power tools.
• Demonstrated and proven skills under extreme deadline pressure in broadcast environment.
• Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts as required. This includes weekends, overnights, and holidays.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of audio, recording and radio production theory and practice.
• Must be able to work independently or with a team.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Hearing and listening skills must insure that NPR’s Audio Quality standards are maintained.
• Must possess broadcast engineering level and broadcast networking certification.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
• This is a union position.
• Familiarity with MS Office suite and AutoCAD LT.
• Public Radio experience a plus.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.