Full Time Job
NPR seeks an attorney with 3 to 7 years of experience providing legal advice on some or all of the following: drafting, reviewing, and negotiating transactional agreements, including content, music, and other copyright licensing agreements, program acquisition and distribution agreements, technology licensing agreements, live event agreements, and other commercial contracts; regulatory compliance and advocacy; copyright and trademark law; corporate governance; nonprofit tax; and legislation.
NPR offers compensation competitive with other non-profit organizations, and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Depending on the experience of the successful candidate, responsibilities may include:
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts, including inbound and outbound content licensing agreements, inbound and outbound technology licensing and service provider agreements, agreements governing the distribution of content via satellite or over the Internet, events and facilities agreements, employment and personal services agreements, sponsorship agreements, and the like
• Conducting legal research and advising legal and business colleagues on a broad range of subjects, including trademark law and portfolio management, copyright law, digital media law, communications law, privacy and data security law, nonprofit tax law, marketing and agency representation, sweepstakes and promotions law, IT and telecom services, and corporate governance
• Analyzing proposed legislation and regulations and preparing internal memoranda and drafting agency comments
• Preparing board meeting agendas, minutes and other materials, and conducting legal research and providing advice on corporate governance matters
• Preparing memoranda, presentations and other materials for internal or external audiences
• Excellent academic credentials, including a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
• At least 3 years of relevant experience
• Bar membership in good standing in the District of Columbia, or eligible to waive into the DC Bar
• Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
• Experience in trademark, copyright and music licensing preferred
• Interest in and knowledge of media, technology and intellectual property law
• Superb oral and written communications skills, high level of professionalism and solid business judgment
• Ability to manage multiple projects, to set and adjust priorities, to work under pressure, and to maintain composure and a sense of humor while doing so
• Commitment to providing client service to a mission-driven organization
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.