Corporate Sponsorship Sales Coordinator
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
National Public Media (NPM) is the media sales division of NPR. As the sponsorship sales team for national and regional offerings on NPR, NPM offers the highest-profile public media sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorship offerings include flagship news programs like Morning Edition and All Things Considered, integrated presence on NPR.org, NPR Podcasts, NPR Apps, and custom packages and event activation NPR Music and Events.
National Public Media is looking for an experienced Sales Coordinator to join our New York City office. The sales team represents NPR's radio and digital platforms. The ideal candidate has some experience working in a media sales environment, whether on the publisher or agency side, and is curious about the media industry, passionate about public media, detail-oriented, and has a proven ability to get things done.
Essential Duties Include:
• Assist sales team with proposal development, inventory clearance, billing procedures, client reports, etc., for both radio and digital platforms
• Conduct market research to identify prospects; gather marketing research and develop pitch decks for clients
• Work with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Research teams to manage the communication and success of a variety of projects and campaigns, both internally and externally
• Assist sales team with database management, e.g., Salesforce and Google Doc data entry and maintenance
• Provide administrative support including proofreading, copywriting, coordinating conference calls, meetings, client offerings and events etc.
• Provide all-around coverage and process streamlining for a busy sales team - including researching opportunities and market trends, meeting preparation and gathering follow-up materials etc.
• Other special projects as assigned
• Experience in media sales team support for at least one year – agency experience a plus
• Strong research skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, custom brand/client presentation and proofreading skills
• Ability to learn new research database interfaces
• Ability to collaborate with various departments and projects across the company including marketing, sales, finance and digital operations
• The best candidates share these traits with our team:
• Creativity, initiative, curiosity and flexibility – tempered by pragmatism, patience and acute attention to detail
• Interest and passion for current media, marketing and digital trends
• A friendly, can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.