Vice President, Human Resources
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership in the development and delivery of effective HR strategies that support the business priorities and our people. This position has overall responsibility for HR Client Support (Front and Back of House), Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Compensation functions. This individual will drive key HR initiatives in the areas of workforce and resource planning, talent acquisition and retention, succession planning, career development and compensation programs. This role is both strategic and tactical to respond to the dynamic needs of the business. The position leads a team of 35 and reports to the Sr. Vice President, Human Resources for Universal Studios Hollywood.
• Partner with Departments Heads to understand their key issues and business needs and provide sound HR advice and consultation on issues around people management, career development and organization effectiveness. Translate business strategies and objectives into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives.
• Ensure prompt and effective management of employee relations issues and union grievances. Develop and implement programs which foster sound employee relations and engagement
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talent and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives.
• Provide strategic direction to Talent Acquisition functions. Ensure development and execution of effective staffing strategies to meet future growth and market changes.
• Partner with Director Talent Acquisition to Identify and recruit top talent for key leadership roles across the organization
• Work closely with Labor Relations to create and execute a comprehensive employee relations strategy
• Help to drive change within the organization, to include adoption of new technologies, workflows, staffing models, and organization structures
• Review and analyze market, industry best practices, trends, and internal feedback to develop competitive compensation programs to meet our business goals and drive employee satisfaction. Ensure overall competitiveness and alignment between local and corporate guidelines.
• Recommend and drive improvement to human resource policies, systems and processes, in partnership with HR Leadership team.
• Lead the implementation of the UPR Diversity Strategy at Universal Studios Hollywood, including partnering with internal and external diversity and inclusion networks.
• Builds and maintains relationships with other departments with respect to workforce planning, compensation and HRIS. Provide analysis and trend reports to Department Heads, Labor Relations and Finance.
• Lead and develop team of 35; providing direction and identifying development, improvement and engagement opportunities that support and encourage high performance and excellent client servicing. Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
• 15 years of HR business partner/generalist experience, including hands on experience and responsibility for talent acquisition, compensation, HRIS, Diversity programs, management coaching and employee relations.
• Minimum 7 years' experience in an HR leadership role. Desired Characteristics MBA or Graduate degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
• Strong business acumen and client support orientation: able to establish credibility and rapport with executive level management.
• Strategic thinker – proven ability to put in place proactive multi-faceted HR strategies for a dynamic business
• Proven influencer: demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and executive level management.
• Strong employee relations, conflict resolution and facilitation skillset: ability to gain trust and credibility with employees at all levels and effectively manage difficult situations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and be able to establish effective relationships of all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast-paced operational environment.
• Takes ownership; ability to set a strategy and motivate others to achieve necessary deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team of HR professionals.
• Previous experience working with unions and California labor law is preferred
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organization design and compensation philosophies and knowledge of OSHA and workplace safety
• Prior work experience in theme park or entertainment industry.