Vice President, Compensation & Global Mobility
NBC UniversalOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Vice President, Compensation & Global Mobility for Universal Parks & Resorts is responsible for the creation and execution for the company's domestic and international compensation strategy and ensuring alignment with business objectives and goals. It is also responsible for assisting employees relocating internationally for short and long term assignments (primarily Asia), with accountability for the design, delivery and administration of the company's global mobility program.
• Lead the development, implementation, administration, communication and compliance of various domestic and international compensation models, incentive programs, including annual bonus plan and sales compensation. Directs annual merit process. Conduct job evaluations and identify emerging trends within the industry and specific regions of business operations.
• Conduct detailed, competitive research, analysis and modeling for compensation programs including annual increase budgets, competitive assessments of trends and impacts, equity utilization, and financial impact modeling of incentive design scenarios. Assist with the development, preparation and distribution of compensation communication materials.
• Provide guidance on compensation practices to HR Business Partners, in addition to providing consultative services to senior business leaders. Serve as subject matter experts on compensation-related matters, including market pricing, job evaluations and review of salary offers and requisitions.
• Ensure compliance with global employment-related statutory and/or regulatory requirements regarding employee pay and employment while remaining current on compensation-related legislation. Provide interpretation of and ensures compliance with federal and state legal requirements concerning employee pay, including FLSA and Wage & Hour regulations; maintains current knowledge of appropriate regulations.
• Direct integrated approach for moving talent across the organization. Drive global mobility vendor management, selection and oversight to ensure effective, compliant program. Provide oversight of tax consulting vendor, relocation vendor and immigration law firm negotiations, while providing request for proposal (RFP's) and ensure service Level agreements (SLA's) are met, as well as dispute resolution and special projects.
• Professionally lead, develop and engage Universal Parks and Resorts (UPR) compensation and global mobility Team. Manager departmental budgeting appropriately.
SCOPE: Responsibilities include compensation governance; job evaluation system design; annual compensation cycle management; short-term incentive plans, including sales incentives and other compensation programs and responsibilities. This role will work with members of the Executive Leadership Team, as well as with company leaders in other global locations; therefore, a demonstrated leadership presence, with tax, relocation and immigration expertise and the ability to build strong relationships with diverse cultures is a requirement.
• Experience working in performance focused environment with demonstrated compensation experience and in-depth knowledge in the areas of: base salary, market pricing, variable pay, data analysis, research and cost/benefit design modeling
• Long-term incentive compensation experience, including RSU programs
• Strong knowledge and practical application of employment law & practices
• Experience developing and implementing sales and global compensation practices
• Ability to analyze data, understand trends & develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
• Experience preparing materials for presentation to leadership, including developing Board of Director level presentation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• 10 years of compensation design and analysis.
• 5 years of global mobility experience.
• Minimum of 8 years' experience in HR function with global employees, with a strong functional emphasis in a complex multi-national organization
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certificate or
Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) Certificate desired
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE