Summer Fellowship Program
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The NBCUniversal Fellowship Program supports the NBCUniversal commitment to attract and retain the best, most diverse talent in the media and entertainment industry. The program aims to offer diverse or underrepresented students exposure to the media industry. Students in the program will engage in a 10-week paid, summer internship that offers hands on work experience in a career area of interest, professional development workshops, executive speakers, industry panels and networking events.
Fellows will have the chance to work in a business that is part of NBCU's growing portfolio of network and properties, such as Cable Entertainment, NBC Entertainment, NBC Sports, NBC News Groups or Corporate Functions. Ideal candidates will have a career interest in media & entertainment, a demonstrated commitment to diversity in their school or community and strong leadership and communication skills.
Fellowship opportunities at NBCUniversal may include (but are not limited to) the following areas;
• Ad Sales
• Business Development
• Digital Distribution
• Film Production/Development
• Graphic Design
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Post Production
• TV Production/Development
• Web Content/Editorial
The program will be held during the summer only (June – August 2018). Positions may be located within the New York City, Tri-State Area and Los Angeles, CA location(s).
Compensation/ Housing Assistance:
• Fellowships are paid, hourly/non-exempt positions
• NBCUniversal will provide housing assistance for candidates who reside outside of a 50 mile radius from our New York City, Tri-State Area and LA office locations. Qualifications/Requirements DEADLINE: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15, 2018.
Candidates interested in applying for the Fellowship program must meet the following criteria;
• In pursuit of an Associates, Bachelors or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to verify enrollment (Recent Graduates will not be eligible)
• Current class standing of Sophomore or above (30 Credits)
• Cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Unrestricted work authorization in the United States without visa or sponsorship
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.