Spring Intern - Consumer & Market Intelligence
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities The NBC CONSUMER AND MARKET INTELLIGENCE department (aka NBC Program Research) is responsible for primary research and audience analysis for NBC Entertainment television programs. Interns will have the opportunity to assist with a variety of different on-going projects and will work directly with our analysts and executives on tracking series performances and analyzing social media commentary, screening new TV pilots, preparing presentations, analyzing open-ended responses, reviewing focus groups, and conducting secondary research on the Internet. There will be an opportunity to learn about different research methodologies and their application to the business objectives of a TV broadcast network. The NBC Consumer and Market Intelligence department works together with a variety of departments. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning about the television entertainment industry and the field of program research. If you are interested in knowing what viewers think that about TV shows and you are interested in seeing first-hand how the research methods you learned in school are used at a broadcast TV network, then this is the internship for you!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 15th, 2017
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship (CPT-seeking candidates not accepted)
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA Desired Characteristics - Previous qualitative research experience is preferred
- Previous experience with Nielsen, comScore, Rentrak etc. is preferred