Specialist, Talent Development
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsibilities What You'll be Doing
Want to help us power our efforts to engage and develop our talent through talent management and people analytics? We work with talented leaders from all across our portfolio to make them even better, and now we want to further build the analytic tools to understand and fine-tune our strategies. Our days regularly shift from planning for big employee engagement efforts, like our employee survey and our new performance feedback system, to collecting nominations to ensure the right people are in the right seats at the Talent Lab.
At the core of this role, you'll take point in helping the team to measure, monitor, and improve the talent management of our greatest asset at NBCUniversal – our talent.
Here's what that will look like for you…
• You'll support the roll-out of talent management processes – e.g., performance management, employee survey, talent reviews/succession planning process.
• You'll manage our growing set of global talent data from our Talent Lab suite of experiences.
• You'll partner with our development Experience Leads on the best ways to assess impact and learning post Talent lab experiences.
• You'll innovate the current manual talent tracking process with solutions, tools and initiatives to address needs and eliminate inefficiencies.
• You'll drive our end to end nomination process – from eligibility, to business spreadsheets, to consolidation and initial review.
• You'll help us visually tell the story of the Talent Lab when needed thru charts, dashboards and/or infographics.
• You'll design and recommend key metrics for talent development and how to measure the learning impact of our unique experiences.
• You'll make things happen by consulting with Talent Lab participants, HR business partners, and other partners across Comcast NBCUniversal.
• You'll make materials to support these processes – materials that are energizing, stimulating, and inspiring – including visualizations, presentations, participant materials, exercises/activities, and digital solutions.
Every week will be different, and you'll play an important role developing our talent, which is at the heart of our success as a creative company. Qualifications/Requirements What You'll Have
We're a lean team that moves quickly, so to jump on in, we'll expect that you have:
• At least 3 years of experience in talent management processes, organizational development, and/or designing, developing, and delivering learning solutions.
• You'll know your way around HR analytics and reporting, along with databases and business systems.
• You'll showcase your advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques – we like cool tools.
• You'll inspire us with your understanding of predictive analytics and other business-related data analysis strategies.
• You're fluent in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word – and probably Access. Desired Characteristics Bonus Points
• You'll have a Masters in in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related fields, a Ph.D. is a plus - and be a wiz on all things data management and analytics.
• You have experience with data warehousing, data management, modeling, and integration.
• You've been sitting in media/entertainment/tech, and a fast pace excites you.
• You naturally stay up to date with tech trends and what's working in the talent space, and jump in without fear to new tools.
• You've got a designer's eye and are experienced with graphic design and publishing tools like InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Working with a challenging customer thrills you.
• You're game and ready to build relationships with anyone.
• You've shown this through your previous consulting and project management experience, juggling multiple tasks with multiple deliverables for multiple audiences.