Senior HR Business Partner, SEA
NBC UniversalSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
As a proactive member of the HR team for Asia Pacific and International, you will be actively supporting NBCUniversal within Singapore and across the broader SEA region and our growing markets.
This role is specifically responsible for developing and driving the people strategies to support our Global Distribution, Networks and International businesses in Singapore and our emerging territories in South East Asia, including India and the Philippines.
Partnering with our senior leadership team, this role offers excellent visibility at the strategic level, whilst also requiring a highly competent, communicative, commercial and operational business partner.
The Successful Candidate will ...
• Partner with the business leaders in Singapore and across SEA, and VP, HR APAC to develop a proactive HR agenda that supports businesses growth plans and strategies; work as part of the SEA leadership team to take ownership and drive the overall success of the business. Ensure HR is fit for purpose and be able to proactively attract, develop and retain talent
• Partner closely with Talent Acquisition to ensure that NBCU continues to drive a competitive attraction strategy
• Build on NBCUniversal values/ culture and the implemented HR strategies and way of working to drive employee engagement and our employee value proposition
• Coach, develop and challenge Leaders on the execution of growth plans and on people leadership
• Provide in country expertise as well as being able to be forward thinking as well as operational for the full scope of HR functions including employee relations, talent acquisition, reward, employee engagement and organizational design and change
• Support employee career journey and encourage cross business-functional-country moves within NBCUniversal
• Manage annual business cycles, including talent review, performance management, headcount planning & budget management in Singapore and across SEA territories
• Ensure successful delivery of HR work streams of strategic country projects and growth plans
• Contribute to broader regional HR agenda for Asia Pacific; active participant and collaborator within the Asia Pacific HR team
• Build and maintain effective partnerships with specialist HR teams
• Assist with the delivery of training as required
• Coordinating HR communications across SEA region
• Partnering closely with CNBC HR Manager to drive ''One Singapore'' strategy for HR
• Drive the ethos of ''Making NBCU A Great Place To Work''
• Significant HR work experience in Singapore
• People management experience EHS experience, from a compliance, regulatory/HR perspective.
• Commercially aware; proven ability to translate commercial priorities into clear business plan
• Proven success in a matrixed environment and multiple P&L demands
• Demonstrated track record on HR forward thinking
• Degree level qualification and/or HR qualification
• Demonstrated solid experience of employment law and regulation in Singapore with exposure and understanding of other SEA countries such as India.
• Fluent in English
• This is a Singapore based role
• Some Travel required, 10% of the time.
• HR Management expertise (5 years solid experience in business partnering )
• Comprehensive country specific labour law knowledge
• Outcome oriented; hands on and can do attitude
• Strong relationship builder; effective across all levels within and outside the organisation
• Project Management skills; able to manage projects across businesses
• People Management; demonstrable experience in inspiring others
• Creative problem solver; able to see around a commercial problem to come up with a creative HR solution
• Ability to deal with a high pressure environment and deliver to tight deadlines