Manager, Talent Development
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsibilities What You'll be Doing
You'll have the opportunity to bring our enterprise-wide talent development strategy and uniquely NBCUniversal development experiences at the Talent Lab to life. We work with talented leaders from all across our portfolio to make them even better. Our days regularly toggle between the big-picture planning and curation of our development experiences to examining the small details that make them a success. This role will work both with our high potential development experiences and our technical skill-building experiences.
Here's what that will look like for you…
• You'll own multiple Talent Lab experiences and will serve as a team member on several more, which will include designing and curating content, supporting logistics, analyzing evaluation data, project planning, and communicating with our Talent and sponsors.
• You'll create materials for our experiences that are energizing, stimulating, and inspiring – including presentations, participant tools, exercises/activities, and digital solutions.
• You'll have your voice heard by providing in-person facilitation for select Talent Lab experiences.
• You'll make things happen by consulting with Talent Lab participants, HR business partners, and other partners across Comcast NBCUniversal.
Every week will be different, and you'll play an important role developing our talent, which is at the heart of our success as a creative company. Qualifications/Requirements What You'll Have
• We're a lean team that moves quickly, so to jump on in, we'll expect that you have at least 5-7 years of experience in talent management processes, organizational development, and/or designing, developing, and delivering learning solutions.
• You'll have a bachelor's degree, and will know your way around Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• You'll also know your way to the airport – because you could travel up to 25% of the time. Desired Characteristics Bonus Points
• You've put in more time developing yourself than the bare minimum, and probably have a Master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, HR, or an MBA.
• You've been sitting in media/entertainment/tech, and a fast pace excites you.
• You naturally stay up to date with pop cultural trends in tech and media, what's working in the talent space, and jump in without fear to new tools.
• You've got a designer's eye and are experienced with graphic design and publishing tools like InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Working with a challenging customer thrills you.
• You're game and ready to build relationships at all levels of our organizational across multiple businesses and functions.
• You've shown excellence through your previous consulting and project management experience, juggling multiple tasks with multiple deliverables for multiple audiences.