Manager, Talent Development Diversity & Inclusion
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Setting the Scene
As culture champions at NBCUniversal, the Talent Development team is constantly working to maximize employee engagement across the globe and strategically invest in the development of our talent. We design, curate, and deliver signature experiences at our Talent Lab, that allow us to
• align talent that are new to a significant role shift to the expectations, business, and culture of the company
• build the media skills, business acumen, and leadership capabilities needed to drive our businesses forward, and
• accelerate our high potential talent to create, invent, and deliver the future of media.
Do you thrive in an environment that pushes you to toggle between internal talent strategist, provocative facilitator, program manager, and event designer? Are you a collaborative talent development practitioner that is comfortable breaking away from ''how we've always done it?'' If so, you should read on…
What You'll be Doing
As a member of Talent Development, you will partner hand in hand with our Diversity & Inclusion team to design and deliver a diversity focused talent development approach across NBCUniversal's portfolio of businesses. You will take a creative, smart, and fresh approach to building and supporting the diversity and inclusion talent agenda for a leading media technology organization. This role reports into Talent Development, and will align with the Diversity & Inclusion team on focus, purpose, and priority.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to bring our enterprise-wide talent development strategy and uniquely NBCUniversal Talent Lab brand to life. We work with talented employees from all across our portfolio to help them define and deliver on the future of our business. Our days regularly toggle between the big-picture planning and curation of our development experiences and talent management practices, to examining the small details that make them a success at all levels.
Here's what that will look like for you:
• Take point on managing, designing and at times facilitating enterprise-wide diversity experiences to develop our greatest asset at NBCUniversaL – our talent.
• Align enterprise engagement, inclusion and diversity initiatives with the needs of the businesses across the NBCUniversal portfolio
• Design and deliver Talent Lab diversity and inclusion focused experiences and events
• End to end project management of development experiences – from reviewing nominations, to delivering communications, to managing execution
• Manage projects and relationships across a variety of key functions and stakeholders – including D&I, HR and Comcast – acting as a thought partner, vendor manager, and consultant/coach as needed
• In partnership with Diversity & Inclusion, create a ''post'' experience engagement strategy to keep our talent connected and focused on continued career development
• Identify ways to track, manage, and measure our talent pipeline across all Talent Lab experiences
• Keep current on best practices in the industry to advance the diversity learning and development agenda for NBCUniversa
• Champion and promote a culture of respect and inclusion across NBCUniversal
What You'll Have
We're a lean team that moves quickly, so to jump on in, we'll expect that you have your Bachelor's degree and at least 5-7 years of experience in talent management processes, organizational development, and/or designing, developing, and delivering talent programs. We expect you to have a passion for and experience in diversity & inclusion or employee engagement. We are also looking for someone with experience or acumen in designing and implementing diverse leadership development experiences.
Here are some additional characteristics of our ideal candidate:
• Passion for and experience in diversity & inclusion or employee engagement is a plus
• Experience or acumen in designing and implementing leadership development experiences with a focus on diverse populations
• Sense of humor, agility and creativity
• Must be proactive and a self-starter – willing to "roll up your sleeves" and get curious
• Can navigate the gray, and thrives in ambiguity and change
• Takes an innovative and fresh approach to work assignments
• Master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology OR an MBA is strongly preferred
• Experience delivering results in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Experience within the media/entertainment industry is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency in program design and facilitation, both face to face and virtual experiences (webcasts, podcasts, etc.)
• Strong consulting and project management experience – ability to manage multiple work steams
• Experience with digital media, social networking and collaboration tools as a way to enhance learning