Manager, Human Resources - Operations & Technology
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Role Purpose
The HR Manager will act as a business partner to managers and employees within NBCUniversal's IT organization-part of the Operations & Technical Division (O&T). This position is based in Universal City, CA and will report to the Director of Human Resources.
The Manager will have responsibility for directly supporting senior executive level clients, providing strategic input into organizational design, managing employee relations issues, leading performance management processes, compensation planning, ensuring a robust talent pipeline, succession planning, and other HR initiatives for the organization.
• Collaborate with members of the Human Resources Technology team as well as Sr. Executive leaders to develop and drive the people strategy by developing and executing on various HR initiatives
• Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balancing business needs with employee needs
• Be a culture champion. Support the development of a culture of innovation and creativity. Coach managers in creating an empowered workforce.
• Provide timely and creative HR solutions to meet business needs. Needs to be able to work in ambiguous situations to provide counsel and direction.
• Provide coaching and feedback to managers and employees, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
• Manage the execution of annual HR processes such as compensation planning, performance feedback, training nominations, succession planning, etc.
• Implement strategic diversity initiatives for the employee population supported, as well as across NBCU IT
• Partner with leaders to identify organizational needs and build those into business action plans
• Support IT talent acquisition activities and workforce strategy and planning initiatives
• Partner with NBCU HR community to work collaboratively across the matrix and the wider HR agenda
• Manage performance, corrective action and integrity issues in collaboration with Legal
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and employees that further the company's mission, values and strategic direction
• Participate in broader HR projects in support of the entire O&T organization Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 5 years relevant HR experience including recruiting, employee development, organizational development, compliance and compensation
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to travel for business as necessary Desired Characteristics Desired Characteristics
• Graduate degree in Human Resources, MBA or related field and/or PHR/SPHR certified preferred
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an executable HR plan
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Strong business acumen, analytical mindset
• Strong OD lens with the ability to diagnose a situation and recommend solutions
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, and with a wide range of clients, individually, and in groups
• Ability to coach and counsel both employees and executive-level management
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with leaders and employees
• Excellent presentation skills
• Executive presence
• Change agent
• Previous experience with immigration matters
• Previous experience working with technical teams