Intern - Operations
NBC UniversalAmsterdam, NH
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities This internship is most suitable for third- or fourth-year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly allowance of EUR 500,-. The start date of the internship is January 2018.
We accept applications until 17 November 2017. Qualifications/Requirements An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based Home Entertainment Operations department, part of global media company, NBCUniversal! Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding work environment? Interested in a logistics and supply chain career in media or the entertainment industry? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable work experience in a professional, fun and friendly atmosphere!
- Partner up with Stock Controller on a project of a major implementation of new distribution partner;
- Maintaining stock levels, based on demand, sales plans, actual customer orders and existing stocks;
- Placing of Purchase Orders in SAP;
- Placing orders of print components for production in vendor-system.
- Place 'rework' orders with Distribution Center to re-use existing stock;
- Follow-up the orders with vendors, to ensure timely delivery;
- Valuation of stocks (product cost) in our SAP system, with tracking information from suppliers (bill of material);
- Recurring reporting and frequent ad hoc to both internal and external departments on stock numbers (i.e. available stock, expected delivery date, stock forecast, etc.);
- Liaise with Sales for upcoming market-wide and customer specific promotions, special deals and forecasts;
- Liaise with Marketing for any missing artwork elements, product changes etc.
- May participate in Collaborative Planning Meetings in order to align action plans with other departments;
- Identifying product master changes and have these executed by the Distribution Centre;
- May participate in Operations related projects;
- Other related administrative tasks as required.
- 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student; International Business, Logistics, Economics, Business Administration or comparable;
- Minimum availability for internship: 20 weeks, no maximum timeframe;
- Persuasive communicator: ability to work across functions and work with external stakeholders;
- Problem solving skills and able to work to tight deadlines;
- Analytical and focused thinker;
- Rigorous, accurate and organised;
- Enjoys working within a team, but is able to work independent as well. Contributes to great team atmosphere;
- Fluent in English both speaking & writing;
- Systems: Quick learner and affinity with systems (SAP). Advanced knowledge of Excel is a big plus!