Intern - Legal
NBC UniversalAmsterdam, NH
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities This internship is most suitable for third- or fourth-year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly allowance of EUR 500,-. The start date of the internship is January 2018.
We accept applications until 20 November 2017. Qualifications/Requirements An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based legal department of Universal Studios International BV (USI), part of global media company NBCUniversal! Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding work environment? Interested in a legal career in media or the entertainment industry? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable work experience in a professional, fun and friendly atmosphere!
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating international license agreements for television and media license agreements for customers like Netflix.
- Prepare for and attend calls and meetings with the company's Legal, Finance, and Sales staff.
- Assemble and prepare deal memos, amendments, and other ancillary legal documents as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date files and archives.
- Review and update legal clauses and forms.
- Check and proofread drafts prepared by Contract Administrators.
- Perform relevant legal research and analysis regarding new legal developments within intellectual property and entertainment law.
- Provide general support to the Legal team.
- Perform other duties or special projects as necessary.
- 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student at a recognized HBO or equivalent; legal or law-related course of study required;
- Minimum availability for internship: 5 months, with a 6 month maximum time frame;
- Excellent oral and written English skills required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, and comfortable using other diverse operating systems;
- Able to work independently, with effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Experience working in an international environment is preferred but is not required;
- Professionalism, commitment to quality and integrity, and strong self-motivation;
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment and willing to assist others as needed.