Intern - Finance Controller
NBC UniversalAmsterdam, NH
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities This internship is most suitable for third- or fourth-year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly allowance of EUR 500,-. The start date of the internship is January 2018.
We accept applications until 17 November 2017. Qualifications/Requirements An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based International Corporate Finance department of Universal Studios International , part of global media company NBCUniversal! International Corporate within NBCU International is comprised of a number of towers that provide a wide range of financial services on behalf of and for various NBCU Business Units globally. These towers include accounting services (Record to Report, RTR), Account Payable services (Procurement to Pay, P2P), Credit Management Services (Order to Cash, OTC) and Payroll.
There is a strategic partnership with Capgemini for outsourcing transactional standard operational work - Business Process Outsourcing, transformation and some IT solutions & aims to provide world class business support utilizing the most efficient structure and processes.
- The finance intern will work under the supervision of the Controllers TVD and Film. The Television Distribution Division is responsible for the international distribution of Universal owned and acquired products through all forms of Television in all the International territories and markets (Free- & Pay TV and New Media (Pay per View, VOD, EST etc). The international TVD distribution reported revenues of approx. $2.2 Billion and has 10 TVD service liaison offices in various territories that support NBCU's international TV distribution activities. The international Film distribution reported revenues is on average over USD 500 million (highly dependent on Film slate for the year), distributed by owned operating companies (20 ) in various territories, third party agents (25 ) and Joint Ventures (3) or other Strategic Partnerships (5) with other Films Studio's;
- Take part in projects for system implementations, continuous standardization and process improvements;
- Review and analyse processes, create process documentation, support all parties concerned, driving continuous improvement and system governance;
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date process narratives, control sheets and key risk and control documentation;
- Review key controls, SOX and determine gaps and mitigation;
- Manage ''run the business KPI's'' and provide output/ results;
- Assist in the preparation of internal monthly financial reports or ad hoc reports;
- Develop and utilize spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications;
- Manage specialized information, reports, forms dealing with fees, billing, tracking of projects etc.
- Organize files in preparation for the audits.
- 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student at a recognized HBO or equivalent; Financial Accounting or similar course of study required;
- Minimum availability for internship: 5 months, with a 6 month maximum time frame;
- Written and oral English skills required;
- Attention to detail;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and comfortable using other MS Office software;
- Professionalism, commitment to quality and integrity, and strong self-motivation;
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment and willing to assist others as needed.
- Ability to challenge processes, develop, suggest and implement process improvements.
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology;
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills;
- Develop team-based work competencies;
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with employees and external clients;
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with day-to-day business contacts through follow up calls;
- Apply learnings and knowledge obtained from College of Business finance courses;
- Obtain basic Lean Six Sigma training and application of the Lean tools in day-to-day operation, through process improvements and projects.