Intern - Data Scientist, Data Analytics & Insights
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities • Integrate multiple data sources and define key business metrics for Studio Operations for ad-hoc and recurring data mining, statistical modeling and predictive analytics.
• Dive deep into large-scale data to identify key insights to solve most challenging and rewarding problems.
• Develop analytic methods, build models and define metrics to drive operational efficiencies and strategic investments.
• Strong data visualization skills to convey information and results clearly.
• Partner with internal customers and business partners to develop strategies for measuring product quality, process capability, employee productivity, service levels, and other key business outcomes.
• Consolidate large amounts of data from multiple source systems and design tools to aid in the analysis and consumption of this data, as well as continually work to optimize internal reporting tools.
• Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and multiple levels. Qualifications/Requirements • Currently pursuing Bachelors Degree in a quantitative field from a top tier institution, such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science. Master's Degree Preferred.
• Strong applied experience in at least two of the following: SQL R, Python, SAS, or Java. Experience with predictive modeling, multi-regression, decision tress, and cluster analysis.
• Strong understanding of experimentation, hypothesis testing and causal inference.
• Experience with BI reporting and data visualization tools such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview or Domo.
• Strong applied experience in data visualization and producing meaningful metrics for business operations.
• Frame loose business problems and turn them into concrete recommendations.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, high throughput environment.
• Proven ownership abilities. Can deliver results with a sense of accountability and proactivity.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present findings to leadership and peers.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents. Desired Characteristics • Applied work experience in BI, Analytics and/or Data Science.
• Proven track record of leveraging data science and big data to drive significant business impact.
• Previous experience in Studio Operations or Entertainment industry.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, NO-SQL, Hive, etc.).