NBC UniversalRome, GA
Full Time Job
HR Manager-Maternity Cover
This maternity cover HR manager role is responsible for providing comprehensive HR support to all NBC Universal businesses in Italy and Spain. The objective of the role is to build strong and trusted relationship with Leaders, managers, and employee, as well as the wider HR organization. This role will be responsible to interpret and input the needs of the local organization in order to participate to the identification and planning of critical initiatives in alignment with regional strategies. This role will also be responsible for the local implementation of such strategies and for the coordination of the necessary administrative local needs. This role supervises 2 resources (HR Generalist and Coordinator) to ensure all necessary day to day operational tasks. The role will report to the VP of HR EMEA NBCU, with a dotted reporting line into the local MDs of the business involved. The role is a member of the local senior management Teams (in each different divisions) and of the International HR Team.
Employment Relations Policy and HR Projects:
- Responsible for HR projects, programs and initiatives across all NBC Universal businesses in Italy and Spain and ensure global compliance as well as deliver quick solutions to fit local needs.
- Be an effective Business Partner for local Leaders, acting as a change agent to drive and implement the desired behavioral and organizational changes.
- Ensure sound interpretation of local law and work with external counterparts to drive correct interpretation to best support company needs.
- Have a proactive role and anticipate issues, providing critical and timely input about consequences and implications of the local law.
- Conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings if needed.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures to improve efficiency. Review country-specific policies as the business/legislative framework changes.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Have a proactive role in the creation and maintenance of effective internal communication.
- Lead the annual Appraisal process, by coaching managers, providing advice and support on how performance appraisal should be done, contributing to building a culture of continuous feedback.
- Partner with HR Support functions (Training and Development, Talent Acquisition, Comp & Ben) to locally translate best practices in the Country.
Recruitment & Organization:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by driving and supporting a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program in cooperation with the Company external provider; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Implement C&B initiatives and lead the implementation of the annual salary review process in line with Corporate guidelines and in connection with Performance appraisals.
- Analyse training needs, have a proactive role in defining and ensuring the delivery of trainings initiatives for the Leadership team and for the overall staff.
- Active support for talent development and employee engagement projects. Ensure the implementation of the Annual Talent review process.
- Oversee and coordinate Hr Operations activities and payroll activities.
- Maintains historical human resource records