HR Manager, WSCV/WTVJ
NBC UniversalMiramar, FL
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The HR Manager is a reflection of the Miami duopoly stations HR mission and vision. This position will strive to grow and solidify the best in the class HR support to internal stakeholders at all levels through both stations. This role will also support the HR team activities and conduct project work as identified.
• Partner with HR Director to leverage HR processes and execute key HR initiatives across departments (e.g., succession planning, training, and development, compensation/merit planning, talent review, employment communication strategies, performance management, employee recognition)
• Identify gaps in current HR practices and develop innovative and creative ways to address them
• Provide coaching to managers and employees regarding employee relations and HR practices
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees
• Work with HR Director to conduct investigations and provide applicable actions
• Proactively manage personnel files and recordkeeping requirements for the station
• Training design and facilitation
• Manage HR IT systems/processes
• Assist with recruitment and staffing efforts
• Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
• Manage performance, corrective action, and integrity issues in collaboration with HR Director and Legal.
• Partner with NBCU HR community to work collaboratively across the matrix and the wider HR agenda.
• Partner with leaders to identify organizational needs and build those into business action plans.
• Constantly engage employees to establish and maintain a positive organizational culture (e.g., partner with employee to create and coordinate employee events)
• Participate in broader HR projects in support of the entire organization
• Oversee development and execution of internship program Qualifications/Requirements • Undergraduate degree, in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 4 years working in an Employee Relations environment or equivalent
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. Desired Characteristics • Master's degree in Business, Human Resources or Industrial/Organizational Psychology
• Team Player while having ability to work independently with a self-starter attitude
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills- ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees
• Proven track of earning trust and credibility
• Strong conflict resolutions skills. Discretion, the ability to deal with confidential information and be able to work in ambiguous situations to provide counsel and direction.
• Creative and innovative thinker
• Solid Analytical Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP, Eureka, Survey monkey, Prezi
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Positive attitude and be available to work long hours, various schedules, late nights, weekends, and/or holidays, under tight deadline pressure.
• Willingness to work in high risk emergency situations (e.g., hurricanes)
• Bilingual, Spanish, both written and oral