Director, Artistic Recruitment - Dreamworks Feature Animation
NBC UniversalGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Put your people skills and your love of the animation industry to work in our DreamWorks Animation's Talent Acquisition (TA) Department.
At DreamWorks Animation we believe that the animation we put out into the marketplace is only as good as the talent within the company that creates it. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces innovation, creativity, collaboration, and a solid dose of fun.
• Develops and executes a comprehensive recruiting strategy to align with the needs of DreamWorks Feature Animation
• Directs the full cycle of recruiting including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing, advertising, hiring, reference checking, and negotiation of offers
• Works closely with executive leadership/studio management to foresee staffing needs and provide talent strategies and workforce planning to attract top talent in a cost effective and timely manner
• Partners with Diversity and Inclusion to ensure thoughtful recruiting approaches and enhance DreamWorks Feature Animation reputation as employer of choice
• Builds and manages supportive and collaborative relationships with Studio Leadership, Hiring Managers, Department Managers and Show Leadership
• Identifies major conferences and industry events where DreamWorks Feature Animation can be represented and partners with Staffing Operations and Television Recruiting to plan and staff the event.
• Partners with Feature Animation leadership and Staffing Operations on developing and maintaining branded recruiting materials and swag for distribution at events, universities, and on social media.
• Collaborates with Staffing Operations on workflow efficiencies to ensure that the hiring demands of Feature are being met.
• Consults with Business Affairs and Global Mobility on the best approach to hire and bring international talent to the DreamWorks Feature Animation team.
• Provides recruiting metrics and analytics that provide business insight
• Counsels Hiring Managers on interview techniques, candidate selection, compensation packages and industry trends
• Advises staff on candidate sourcing by leveraging available tools such as social media, company websites, job boards, employee referral program, recruiting tools and temporary agencies when appropriate
• Engages and develops relationships with recruiting partners in industry organizations and maintains awareness of professional trends and news
• Leads, coaches and develops the Feature Animation Talent Acquisition team.
• Participates in the annual budget planning to ensure the Recruiting team has appropriate resources to meet Feature's need Qualifications/Requirements Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 8 years leading a recruiting team and/or production management experience.
• Proven ability to effectively manage the recruiting process as well as relationships with hiring managers
• Proven ability to evaluate candidate art work and/or technical qualifications
• Strong knowledge of Traditional Animation, CG Animation and/or Visual Effects production Desired Characteristics • Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience with databases and/or applicant tracking systems
• Ability to travel as needed for industry events and recruiting opportunities
• Strong consultative and partnering skills with excellent customer services skills and ability to foster relationships with all levels of management
• Ability to establish priorities independently, multi-task efficiently, and work with diverse personalities and all levels of management in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and solid follow-through on multiple projects.
• Positive outlook and ability to be flexible in a non-static environment
• Ability to re-define and execute new processes and workflows in an ever changing environment; demonstrate strategic and out of the box thinking