Contracts Specialist, Marketing & Promotions
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal is looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized, and highly efficient individual to work within the Content & Production Risk group handling all aspects of promotions and marketing matters.
• Draft, review, and negotiate marketing agreements, including sponsorship agreements, co-promotional agreements, pitch agreements, and cost share agreements, as well as agreements relating to live events and conventions.
• Provide timely and thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues.
• Draft license agreements, clearance agreements, appearance releases, permissions, non-disclosure agreements, and other short form documents.
• Vet on-air promo spots.
• Research and evaluate marketing, promotions, and production legal issues.
• Draft and review sweepstakes, contest, and game rules, and related documentation.
• Maintain accurate database of promotions and marketing agreements.
• Otherwise assist attorneys in the Content & Production Risk group
• Either a Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of experience supporting lawyers handling marketing/promotions issues OR a Juris Doctorate degree.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Strong communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
• Good judgment and ability to work independently with all levels of company personnel and with outside parties.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex information.
• Experience with agreements and/or legal issues.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Willingness to work late and on weekends on short notice if necessary.
• Outstanding analytic and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of contest and sweepstakes federal and state laws, and regulation of promotions and advertising.
• Experience drafting marketing agreements or production agreements.
• Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters, including appropriately prioritizing among them.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Paralegal or comparable experience.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Basic understanding of legal terms and conditions relevant to the entertainment industry.
• Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate an ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing business environment.
Job Code: 37727BR