Partnership Activation Manager
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Job Title: Partnership Activation Manager
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director of Partnership Activation
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Regular/Exempt
Position Summary/Objective: Individuals in this role manages the execution of assigned account contracts, manages relationships, and enhances the overall corporate partnership experience for Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Lynx corporate partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Partner with sponsorship company contacts to develop and deliver effective and measurable sponsorship platforms, by managing expectations, communicating timelines, and ensuring contract fulfillment.
2. Use variety of methods and resources to creatively engage with, and enhance partner relationships, using industry knowledge and brand awareness to overcome challenges, create business opportunities, and exceed company objectives.
3. Lead the planning and execution of all assigned partners' contractual elements, including traditional media assets, in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs.
4. Manage tracking and reporting ROI and ROO of marketing partnership initiatives.
5. Responsible for directly contributing to overall department revenue goals through current sponsor partnership renewals and upsell opportunities.
6. Collaborate with sales team on the development of new sales opportunities.
7. Initiate and manage NBA Team Promotions Proposal (TPP) process.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required.
3. Demonstrated ability to be strategic, creative and solution-oriented.
4. Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
5. Strong project management skills focused on organization, time management and planning.
6. Ability to work collaboratively with a group of highly motivated individuals, and also be an independent thinker.
7. Able to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style accordingly to the audience.
8. Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of professional work experience with a consumer brand, agency, sports property or venue required. Sales and corporate marketing experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from four-year college or university required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Previous activation experience in sports preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Please list your salary range preference.