Front Of House Manager
Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
Position Summary: The Front of House Manager, working under the direction of the Director of Guest Experience, manages the Arena's Guest Experience team comprised of supervisors, ushers/ticket takers, and Guest Experience Representatives. Through exceptional service and effective crowd management, the Front of House Manager is generally responsible for ensuring that event staff provide guests with a world-class entertainment experience in keeping with the Arena's mission statement.
Event Staff Management
• Participate in the development, implementation, and refinement of an Arena People Management Plan.
• Effectively communicate with Guest Experience staff to establish standards and expectations, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
• Motivate event staff by creating a positive working environment and culture where employees are stimulated and inspired to do exceptional work.
• Facilitate a coaching and counseling program that maintains consistency of effort among event staff.
• Identify and develop event staff into specialized supporting roles.
• Manage a staff uniform and appearance inspection process for each event to track and address both compliance and non-compliance.
• As directed, review staff-related incidents with Arena staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of Organization records.
Event Planning and Coordination
• Meet with operations departments, as well as Arena clients, to determine Guest Experience needs and requirements on a per-event basis.
• Assist with scheduling and positioning of Guest Experience staff to best accomplish the service, safety, and cost priorities for each event.
• To maintain emergency preparedness, Front of House Manager must have full working knowledge of all applicable safety regulations and security procedures for the Arena.
• Ensure that event plans and layouts conform to ADA regulations and guidelines.
• Conduct pre-event briefings with event staff, especially supervisors and other key support staff.
• See that all credential access policies are followed consistently and thoroughly.
• Throughout each event, respond to guest-related incidents such as relocations, injuries, lost children, ejections, etc.
• Utilizing both the rewards/recognition and coaching/counseling programs, evaluate and reinforce the work of the event staff in real time.
• Anticipate guest issues by consistently monitoring crowd flow and service issues.
• Manage staff and policies for the Arena's Lost & Found program.
• Assist in the development and training of event staff on procedures for responsible crowd management and safety.
• Assist in the implementation of other staff training programs including New Hire orientation, Guest Experience functional training, Model Performer training, and special subject training.
• Develop position-specific training modules to facilitate staff rotation and the orientation of new hires.
• Ensure that event staff supervisors reinforce training in the course of each shift.
• Assist in the development and/or implementation of staffing budgets for each event.
• Working with the Scheduling Coordinator, review staff cost reports on a daily, weekly, and per-event basis.
• Work with the Scheduling Coordinator to determine appropriate staffing levels on an event-by-event basis.
• Develop and maintain event staff depth charts for all Guest Experience event staff.
• Assist in the administration of an end-of-year staff survey, soliciting feedback on the Arena employee experience.
• Help monitor social media websites (Yelp, Twitter, etc.) for guests' comments in relation to their experiences at the Arena.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Minimum four year college degree or equivalent experience.
• Public assembly venue experience with knowledge of supervising a large, frontline operations team.
• Outstanding communication skills, written and oral.
• High level problem-solving skills with the ability to make quick, effective decisions in demanding situations.
• Ability to juggle numerous projects and tasks concurrently.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be present for most major events, including pre and post event responsibilities.
• Experience using robust databases.
• Must be a confident public speaker, able to engage large groups of people.
• Must possess a positive and enthusiastic personality with a passion for her/his craft, an openness to learning, and a superior work ethic.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. – Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays in addition to regular business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?