Arena Staff Scheduling Manager
Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
Position Summary: Acting under the general direction of the Vice President of Arena Experience, the Scheduling Manager performs essential support duties for the Arena Experience and Arena Operations teams. The Scheduling Manager represents Arena management to the event staff, guests, and inter-departmentally within the Bucks Organization. The primary responsibility of the Scheduling Manager is to put Arena staff in the best possible position to consistently exceed the expectations of our guests.
Scheduling & Positioning
• Coordinate Arena event staff to ensure that all calls are met.
• Recommend staffing and positioning plans tailored to each Arena event.
• Prepare staffing proposals and materials for each upcoming event for the Arena management team's review.
• Administer the event staff time-and-attendance software, acting as main point of contact for the software company and coordinating all necessary maintenance to the scheduling system.
• Communicate daily with event staff to answer scheduling questions.
• Administer staff attendance policies.
• Create hours-worked and labor cost reports for each event and pay period.
• Create custom labor reports as requested by Arena management.
• Administer the event staff leave of absence process in coordination with Human Resources.
• Serve as an initial point of contact for event staff inquiries regarding scheduling, payroll, or employment status.
• Maintain individual event staff profiles within the time-and-attendance system, including all information regarding: hiring, training, skills, certifications, and contact.
• Facilitate time-and-attendance system access for service partners.
• Monitor service partner staff strength in real time.
• Prepare reports on service partner staffing as requested by Arena management.
• Communicate with event staff via the time-and-attendance system.
• Manage the Arena staff check-in area to maximize efficiency and quality of employee experience.
• Ensure that event staff adhere to Arena protocols regarding the use of the time-and-attendance system.
• When possible, make direct contact with employees to address any issues or concerns relating to their shift.
• Coordinate with Arena Experience and Human Resources teams to facilitate the new staff recruiting process, especially by collating and reviewing applications.
• Working with managers from each Arena department, facilitate event staff hiring sessions by inviting applicants and arranging interviewers.
• Participate as an interviewer during hiring sessions.
• Manage the Arena staff training calendar.
• Ensure that new hires are scheduled for the necessary training sessions to prepare them to begin work.
• Participate in the facilitation of training sessions, especially to orient new hires to the Arena's scheduling policies and procedures.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Minimum four year college degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum three years of public assembly venue experience with a knowledge of coordinating a large, front-line operations team.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Strong experience managing robust databases.
• Experience scheduling a frontline service team a plus.
• Ability to juggle numerous projects and tasks concurrently.
• Must be a confident public speaker capable of speaking in front of large groups of people.
• Must possess a positive and enthusiastic personality with a passion for her/his craft, an openness to learning, and a superior work ethic.
• Working knowledge of basic programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
• Knowledge of certain industry-standard Human Resources systems a plus (e.g. – ADP, ABI, etc.)
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays in addition to regular business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?