Technical Director / Master Electrician
Mills EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Mills Entertainment is looking for a Touring Technical Director/Master Electrician for our upcoming production of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Live. The purpose of this position is to provide the tour with the technical support needed on the ground including, but not limited to, technical advances, lighting focus and maintenance, and general support to the rest of the touring crew and cast.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in production meetings, conference calls, and training sessions prior to the tour dates, as needed
• Conduct technical advances, working in conjunction with the Company Manager who advances front of house, catering, and accommodations
• Work with touring Master Carpenter to finalize lineset schedules when a venue cannot provide exact placements we request
• Determine when lighting substitutions and/or cuts may have to be made on a venue to venue basis
• Ensure all touring equipment is safely and efficiently loaded on and off the truck during load-in and load-out, in conjunction with the Master Carpenter.
• Supervise and direct local lighting crew throughout lighting load-in, focus, and strike.
• Maintain all tour lighting equipment, including basic maintenance and troubleshooting on moving fixtures and console when necessary
• Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on equipment while on the road to be shared and discussed during production meetings
• Update and maintain show files on a venue to venue basis, including adjusting levels and timing to fit within a venue's parameters, and ensuring a show file is saved for every venue.
• Ensure console is connected via MIDI to the shows computer prior to house open. Stage Manager will run both lighting and sound cues for performances.
• Run the deck during performances with the assistance of the touring Master Carpenter
• Call the truck pack from deck during load-in and load-out, with assistance from the touring Master Carpenter and working in conjunction with the touring A1 who calls pack at the truck
• Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
• Lend assistance to other departments when available
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have prior touring experience of 3 years or more
• Proficient at programming, operating, and troubleshooting on an ETC Ion
• Proficient with the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of Mac Viper Profile's
• Competent with the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of MIDI show control
• Competent as a carpenter
• Experience with basic rigging techniques
• Experienced with calling a conventional lighting focus
• Astute attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload
• Prior experience working in Union houses
• Prior experience in providing general direction to a crew
• Have a valid driver's license
• Touring experience of 5 years or more, particularly a theatrical show
• Background in Theatre
Additional Information: Position runs January through April 2018 with possible layoffs. This is a touring position that may require driving. ravel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements - Referencing Req. # TDME112017 in subject line.
Mills Entertainment is the industry leader in branded live entertainment. We collaborate with top artists and content partners to produce and promote engagements at theaters, arenas, casinos, and colleges throughout the United States and internationally. Mills is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The work we do is exciting, challenging, and enjoyable. We are seeking applicants with a passion for live entertainment and a desire to join the industry's leading team.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Mills Entertainment, LLC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to reply to all submissions. No phone calls or office visits, please Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online