Associate Producer - Development
Mills EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Candidates for the Associate Producer position MUST HAVE At least 3+ years live theater experience. Directing, Production Management, GM, and/or Stage Management experience is helpful.
Job Purpose: To support the Producing team and CEO in reaching company development goals by implementing research, development, planning and maintenance for prospective and existing properties, and serving as the primary point of contact on the producing team for assigned properties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing reports, budgets, and proposals for new and existing tours.
• Collaborating with creative, agency, network and production professionals in the development of new projects.
• Evaluating design and production solutions, balancing feasibility, budget and creative vision.
• Serving as a hub of communication between property personnel and the producing team.
• Drafting strategy for development and execution of tours, including team breakdown, routing, production guidelines and financial standards.
• Shepherding developing projects from conception through tour launch, organizing and managing internal and external teams.
• Negotiating and executing contracts across several organizations, including Union agreements, creative and cast agreements, and licensing agreements.
• Tracking and reporting key performance metrics and industry trends.
• Drafting and managing tour budgets, settlements, and profit/loss statements.
• Preparing key financial and performance reports for producing team, partners and licensors.
• Ongoing support services to active tours and Production team, as needed.
• A bachelors or advanced degree (major in Theater, Performing Arts, or related degree).
• At least 3+ years live theater experience. Directing, Production Management, GM, and/or Stage Management experience helpful.
• Experience with the creative and financial development of theatrical productions.
• Extremely organized and able to manage multiple priorities applying project management work methods, working autonomously in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Precision of writing and grammar with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain long term relationships with our strategic partners.
• Ability to collaborate and lead a team, navigating different communication styles, maintaining composure and a high level of customer service.
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed, with a high level of frequency, for meetings, property development, and tour engagements.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with directing, production management or general management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software , specifically Excel
Relocation assistance is available. Mills Entertainment offers a competitive benefits package.
Job Code: APD102017
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online