Statement Analyst, Participations
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking a Statement Analyst in its Participations department to provide research and analytical support to MGM's participation accounting, internal compliance, and claims resolution processes. The ideal candidate will be assisting in the monthly financial close diligence and the preparation of third party participation statements.
• Preparing statements to third party participants
• Analyzing license agreements and talent contracts pertinent to participations calculations
• Reconciling periodic activity against the company's general ledger and researching discrepancies
• Entering and/or reviewing information entered into various databases and systems
• Supporting month-end financial close diligence, includes validating transactions against source documentation (e.g., invoices, television license agreements, etc.) and researching discrepancies
• Calculating interest rates
• Evaluating claims, preparing claims analysis, and supporting the audit team as needed
• Providing research and analysis to respond to ad-hoc requests
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Prior Accounting/Finance/Participation experience in the entertainment industry preferred (e.g., prior employment or appropriate internship experience)
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to maintain a large volume of data in various programs, spreadsheets, and systems
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong initiative and follow-through on projects
• Ability to grasp new concepts and problem-solve in a dynamic, creative environment
• Fundamental understanding of computer systems mandatory
• SAP knowledge helpful
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.